Thursday 18 April 2013

iPhone Household Organisations aka Lists!

I love using an iPhone, it has revolutionised how I organise myself and my home.  My daily goto app for lists and organisation is ErrandsNote, there is no sponsorship, just my unsolicited opinion on really handy app and how I make use of it to run a household.

 
Things I use Errands for:
  • Shopping list: bits and pieces shopping, not groceries (still use paper for that!)
  • Errands list - things I need to do whilst out and about
  • Cleaning rota, see cleaning entries (to come)
  • Christmas or holiday/vacation preparations
  • Things that need to be done at home: making appointments, finding/booking tradespeople, fixing and mending, even reminders to take meat our of freezer, call my mother, or check the TiVo guide for what is on in the Sunday theatre timeslot
  • Project managing in my volunteer roles
  • Creative projects I want to do
  • Tracking voucher and gift card expiry dates x-ref (I will blog on that topic too)

Why I like it:
  • Helps me remember!
  • I can set alarms
  • Ticking jobs off gives me a sense of accomplishment, especially if the daily schedule could be perceived as mundane
  • Can set jobs as recurring - handy for ensuring sheets are changed regularly and cleaning rota (I will blog on that topic too)
  • One place to refer to when planning day and week
  • Seeing what is planned for the week helps me set goals and ensure I am not packing in too much i.e. pacing myself!
 
Some examples:
I enter tasks as needed and then can see them in different views, for example:
Tasks to Focus on today

All tasks by due date

Voucher Expiry Dates

Cleaning Rota (entered as recurring tasks)
 

1 comment:

  1. Very intresting tips.
    I can add that you may also use Appotek. It will not only remind you to take your medication, but your doctor will be aware how treatment is going. I think it is really convinient.

    ReplyDelete